• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

for those doing their own 8.25 regearing...

That one is only 9 inches long, so you need about 2-3 feet of 1/2" extensions to use it.

If you want the tools, I have two of them (I heard you need two to do both sides at the same time), and mine are full length (around 3' long). I'd like to get rid of them if anyone here wants to buy them.

That one is only 9 inches long, so you need about 2-3 feet of 1/2" extensions to use it.
i did notice that.

sunburned said:
If you want the tools, I have two of them (I heard you need two to do both sides at the same time), and mine are full length (around 3' long). I'd like to get rid of them if anyone here wants to buy them.

i made one for myself from scratch using an old tie rod that a buddy of mine had bent. it too is about 2.5-3ft long. you only NEED one to do it, but you have to move it back and forth a million times to set the carrier bearing preload and location... that's another story though.

i just know a lot of people don't have the means to do custom fab work even for something like this... i didn't until very recently. the adjuster tool was the first thing i made, actually.

I made 2 of them out of 3' pieces of black pipe, a nut the proper size(can't remember) welded to one end and a 1/2" short extension welded into the other end.

I use 2 so I can leave the wrench in each side as i set the backlash and carrier bearing preload

The 8.25 is one of the easiest axles to set up IMHO

I made 2 of them out of 3' pieces of black pipe, a nut the proper size(can't remember) welded to one end and a 1/2" short extension welded into the other end.

36 mm

What do you want for them?

I have one.....basically a 36mm hub nut welded on to a 36" long piece of 1" square tubing if anybody is interested. I just swapped the 9 and have absolutely no use for it.

That looks like a nice site for gears etc. Anyone used them?

no, but that was the other half of the reason i posted the link. there are really good prices on a lot of axle related parts.

Back