• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Worth it or not? Floor pans shot pics

bizzo

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys i'm new here, bought a '90 Jeep with intentions of using it as a winter vehicle. Unforunately under close inspection when I got it home the drivers side floor pan is shot included are some pics. My question is this? Is this worth it to fix I paid $300 for it and then put another $150 in it, new battery new starter.

7.jpg

6.jpg

3.jpg
5.jpg

2.jpg

If it isnt' worth it that's fine, but I still want another XJ so if someone in the New York area knows of any good deals let me know

the rail still looks solid. If the rail is solid then fix the floor. Winter beaters don't need pretty repairs.

You think so? I mean it does run like a bear, although I'm pretty sure I broke the ignition interlock thing today trying to get the shifter back together beacuse now i can't turn the key all the way back and pull it out. My big worry is doing the work to the floor and then having it not pass NYS inspection because of it.

well, I've never had to deal with inspections so I can't comment. Best option would be to contact the inspection people and ask.

True, I probably should do that...I'd still like to pick up another XJ in better shape though and maybe use this one as an off road beater.

bizzo said:
My big worry is doing the work to the floor and then having it not pass NYS inspection because of it.
I patched the floor of my 90 XJ with some sheet metal and have had no problems with inspection (well, it failed, but not because of the floors :D ). Mine's not hidden by carpet either; the floor is herculined and the patch panels are pretty obvious.

That is alot of work! I just did mine and they were about 50% better than yours.

NOT WORTH IT

Back