• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rubicon Exp vs Old Man Emu

bobhere73

NAXJA Forum User
I just saw what looked like a decent lift kit from http://www.rocky-road.com/xjtrailblazer.html anyone ever use these guys or these parts because im about ready to cancell my order from Rubi Express I ordered the 3.5inch superide part#6025 with the billstien shocks they couldnt get the OME shocks because they say OME raised they prices to something like $800 bucks dont sound rite to me but thats what im told

rocky-road is crap... rubicon express is top of the line... some people dont need top of the line, but if you can afford it, its a good lift...

OME is over rated, just go w/ rubicon express monotube shocks...

you didnt order direct from rubicon, did you? (better deals can be had from distributors)

$800 for a set sounds just about right for what ome would want to charge...

sounds right for a joke to me, you can just about get a set of fox 2.0 RR's for that.... ome fanboys, you created this monster!

you would be better off going with the RE 4.5" kit for your money..

ya cancel your order and then go buy the necessary control arms rocky road doesnt offer, nice to know they address all the important things....

NOOO I ordered from Rich www.fullsizexjgear.com he beat their prices by about $200 total i ordered the bilstiens though

rocky-road is crap... rubicon express is top of the line... some people dont need top of the line, but if you can afford it, its a good lift...

OME is over rated, just go w/ rubicon express monotube shocks...

you didnt order direct from rubicon, did you? (better deals can be had from distributors)

bilsteins are even better. glad to hear you got a good deal!

the re3.5 is a good kit, if you want something cheaper, go with rough country before you even consider rockyroad...

$800 for a set sounds just about right for what ome would want to charge...

sounds right for a joke to me, you can just about get a set of fox 2.0 RR's for that.... ome fanboys, you created this monster!

Ha. $800 for a kit that uses coil spring spacers? And doesnt even supply control arms? Do yourself a favor and get the Rubicon Express

The RR kit is just an OME kit with shackles and spacers. RR is making some good coin on that!!! Call Dirk at DPG he'll get you what you NEED at a great price.

Yeah those rockyroad guys look like a weird bunch they are saying you need 5 inches of lift just to run 31's! :roflmao: I have however ordered a set of OME coils and Will be ordering leafs soon. I am just gonna keep the shocks i have now and add BPE's and upgrade to some bilsteins or RE monotubes later. I'm also ordering control arms for it and a guy is giving me a crusty's adjustable track bar for free. so it should be sitting a bit higher in a couple months!

Call DPG off road ((316) 776-9900)) for good prices on the OME stuff, also he will not sell you anything you dont need. I would have to ask anyone who bashes OME "fan boys" if they've been in a jeep with the right coils+shocks befor? My Jeep rides extremely nice down the road.

Last edited:
Call DPG off road ((316) 776-9900)) for good prices on the OME stuff, also he will not sell you anything you dont need. I would have to ask anyone who bashes OME "fan boys" if they've been in a jeep with the right coils+shocks befor? My Jeep rides extremely nice down the road.

X3 for DPG - I enjoy for OME lift of 4.5", mostly a street handler. You can also get Rubicon or hybred through Dirk; his advise is excellent and he sells several brands.

would have to ask anyone who bashes OME "fan boys" if they've been in a jeep with the right coils+shocks befor? My Jeep rides extremely nice down the road.

I'm not bashing but I'm willing to compare your ride for big $$ against my 2.5" lift with stock coils and Rockliz BB rear leaves. Shocks are RC Nitros- softer than the specs say courtesy of Grimus. I have a total of $180 in it. My wife and Sister can't tell it from a stock Jeep.

Back