• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help with driver's seat

jboy434

NAXJA Forum User
Hi,

The seat in my 96 classic has been screwed up for a while. I went to a junk yard yesterday and got a replacement. It is supposed to be out of a 97. I cant get it to line up right with the holes in the floor. Could someone please help me with this. Do i need a different year seat or what?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

I thought all the years fit. The Grands are even supposed to fit.

Not quite.

Everything should be interechangable from 95 and up.. that includes the Grand seats.

94 and down have the weirdo amc brackets.

See if you can bolt the old seat base onto the new seat. Sometimes you can get away with doing it this way. You may have to redrill or elongate the holes to bolt it down to the base.

you dont want grand seats - I have a 93 ZJ and those seats are junk - mine are like new and they just dont hold you in very well - now, my '90 XJ I have "leathers" from an '89 liited and they are AWESOME!!!

I know you say 95-up, but what's the cutoff for the grand seats?

I dont understand what you're asking. 95 up XJ's (meaning through the end of production) can use Grand Cherokee seats. As far as what Grands, ZJ and WJ are the ones that are considered bolt-in.

Search, the topic is well covered.

Back