• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

242 troubles

Brad Klammer

NAXJA Forum User
My rig is having problems coming out of pt4wd. I searched and read all other post of people having similar issues and most of the time it boiled down to linkage. So I tried to adjust my linkage yesterday, but that didn't seem to solve my issue. The linkage was definately off as when it was in 4lo it the lever was jammed right up againts the plate (no 1/8" spacing).

I'm slightly confused at this part...

Under the vehicle, loosen the shift linkage trunnion lock bolt and make sure the shift rod fits freely in the trunnion and shift lever. (Make sure the tc is fully shifted into 4L before checking the fit.) Tighten the lock bolt.

So I loosen the bolt and nothing really moves besides the actual trunnion rubber piece that can be moved side to side.

So basically I just loosened the bolt, made sure the lever was still the 8th of an inch and then tightened it back up. Did I do it wrong?

Thanks.

Back