• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Smittybilt Out of Business???

Jeep839

NAXJA Forum User
so i called Quadratec to see if they had a particular product made by smittybilt and the guy on the phone said that they went out of business???? Does this sound right, i thought they were a good company???

IIRC they went out of business and were bought out.

I wanna say by Bestop but am not certain.

Root Moose said:
IIRC they went out of business and were bought out.

I wanna say by Bestop but am not certain.

I talked with Jason @ 4x4GroupBuy the other day and he said that Smittybuilt was bought by another company, I think he said Bestop.

starting to make alittle more sense on why there website still works. That's what i told the guy at Quadratec "there website still works and they still list the part number that I am looking for".

anyone know where i can get smittybilt part #:35202-S

About time they stopped marketing that thin-walled boulevard bumper crap. They will be missed by the "parked on top of the snowbank at the local HS" crowd......

So i called Joe Wingate from that website listed above and he said that they will be selling everything off and that there will no longer be the old Smittybilt that we all know.

They have sold the name to Trans American Auto Parts which will keep on with the smittybilt name but it will not be the original.

Also he said that the website that you will be able to get there products off of is:

4wheelparts.com

XJEEPER said:
They will be missed by the "parked on top of the snowbank at the local HS" crowd......
LOL

Too bad they didn't go out of business, cheap bling is exactly right. Their flat fender kit for a TJ/YJ/CJ makes me laugh...Plus they are like $200 more than poison spyder...

Tin cup add ons in a steel industry...no suprise, remember steel horse, guaranteed to rust before you either get it out of the box or on the truck, products. Bought a set of their steel 3 hole hooks, brand new and painted with rust peeking thru.

Back