• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Interior light problem

XJBANKER

0IIIIII0
My 97 Grand Cherokee is having interior light problems. While driving down the freeway last night, the lights dim and almost go out and then brighten up again and flicker and so on. The headlights stay bright and everything else is running fine, but the instament pannels. Where do I start to look?:rattle:

:doh: on the road, u no that way u dont get in a accident:doh:

could it be the trigger on a door? on my firends truck the lights lowly dim after you shut the door. maybe a door wasn't shut fully so your interior light kicks on but then dims when the trigger is pressed but then the door opens a little again so the light come on. I have never worked on a zj/wj, just sounds to me like that could be your problem.

I have a 97 Grand as well. A new headlight switch fixed mine, when the dash lights flickered. Common problem. I got one off e-bay. There's several types, with foglights, without, delay, etc.

Last edited:
Back