• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ 4.0L cooling fan cfm requirements.

Meatroach

NAXJA Forum User
Hola,

Been a long time since I was on here last.

My radiator shit it's pants on Friday and I have a new aluminum radready to go in, however...... The new rad's demiensions are a little different than the old and now I'm juuust too tight to fit the Taurus fan I've been using.

So, I'm looking to just install some universal fit fans and I want to know what cfm requirements I need to keep my XJ cool. This has proven to be a tough question for any parts guys or internet research.

If any of you guys know or have any info that may help fire away. Even teel me what fans you use in you don't knwo the cfm.

I just moved to the Okanagan here in BC so the summers will get to about 35* to 40*C on the hot days.

Cheers!
Kevin

thanks guys, I ended up modifying the front of the jeep, redrilling the mounting holes on the bottom moving the rad forward enough to fit the Taurus fan. So now I'm going to piece together and weld a new support bracket/crossmember to mount to the top of the rad and hold the hood catch.

Thanks a bunch.

Back