• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Death Wobble on stock setup, caused by blown shocks ??

speedyp

NAXJA Forum User
Hi guys,

I am experiencing the death wobble issue. It wasn't that bad until a couple weeks ago. Now I can barely drive my vehicle. I went to the mechanic and then mentioned that this is because both my front shocks are blown. Can this be the cause of the problem ??

I've read a couple of articles and none of them involve the shocks has being the cause of this issue.

Just want to make sure I don't buy shocks for no reason...

My mechanic also told me that everything is tight in the front end and in good shape.

Any input appreciated, thanks !

Lay underneath while someone turns the steering wheel back and forth about a half turn. Look at tie rod ends (out by the wheels) and look at every joint following the linkage back to the steering box. Then look at the track bar ends. All while the steering wheel is rocked back and forth. If it's all good, check toe-in. For shocks, you can bounce the front end and see if it keeps bouncing after you stop, or only bounce once. If you need shocks, you need them anyway, but I doubt bad shocks would cause death wobble.

Back