• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

stock fender flare fix(no more popping off)

milehigh

NAXJA Forum User
i was having issues with the stock fender flares popping off from time to time. they are a real pain in the ass to put back on, so i came up with this solution. quick simple and seems to work well. i used a dremel with a sort of an end mill looking bit to make the holes. a drill wouldnt leave any material on the bottom of the tab, which then renders this fix useless.

P1000102.jpg

P1000099.jpg

I threw away the remnants of rust and metal holding mine on and used normal fasteners and fender washers! all good now, good idea though!

yeah mine is a 00' xj and they are in okay shape. took some time to take off, broke a couple and had to replace 2. its a cheap part so no biggie. if these give out im gonna make my own out of fiberglass or carbon fiber. too busy with school and work to make a custom set now.

You mean those metal brackets that hold on the flares, I priced them a while back and they are a bit on the expensive side. How much did you pay for yours, I need the rear passenger side ones for my 98.

My passenger rear flare kept falling off my 2000 so i removed it, breaking every stud in the process, so i welded some bolts in and used zip ties to hold the flare on the bracket as milehigh did, no problems since.

i think i may have lucked out. i called to one dealer they told me 25-30 bucks a piece. then i called another and after telling them i was buying a set they would be 15 a piece. seemed really cheap to me, she may have messed something up and gave me a better price than i was suppose to get. you could always try one of those knock off auto depot places like certifit. or try a local yard like a pull and save. i had to use a die on the threads to clean em off and alot of pb blaster. took some patience to work the nuts back and forth to get them off.

The pics are no longer showing. I need to do something to keep them on.
If you want to send me the pics I will host them for you.

Back