• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Power steering leak--bad!

OK, so as most of you know, I had my power steering unit replaced a few months back, and now I have a really bad leak. It's so bad that it leaves a constant wet spot under the car, and soaks the undercarriage as well.

Other than taking it back to the place I got the p/s unit from (Tarheel 4wd) I don't know what else to do. But I just had to put a lot of p/s fluid in it last night because it started making a high whining noise when I turned the steering wheel.

I'm also out of windshield washing fluid. I so wish they would put these things on the dash as warning lights to alert me that I'm low or almost out...

:smsoap:

OK, so as most of you know, I had my power steering unit replaced a few months back, and now I have a really bad leak. It's so bad that it leaves a constant wet spot under the car, and soaks the undercarriage as well.

Other than taking it back to the place I got the p/s unit from (Tarheel 4wd) I don't know what else to do. But I just had to put a lot of p/s fluid in it last night because it started making a high whining noise when I turned the steering wheel.

I'm also out of windshield washing fluid. I so wish they would put these things on the dash as warning lights to alert me that I'm low or almost out...

:smsoap:

Check the top of the pump where the high pressure fitting goes in, I had a leak from there after a pump had been installed. If its the lines leaking just replace both at the same time

Agreed on the pressure hose. That's where my leak was. New one was $20, I think.

I hate my washer fluid dummy light; I unplugged it because it would go off around every corner.

Back