• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help!

Freaky McPants

NAXJA Forum User
Well, long story short! My Jeep was in a little accident today, and the damage is pretty bad. I pretty much need a new front clip. The thing that I'm worried about is that the inner fender well is bent up. What am I looking at here? Is it possible to fix that? If so, how hard is it going to be?

Until you post pictures of the inner fender damage, any responses will be just speculation.

100_0614.jpg

100_0613.jpg

100_0612.jpg

100_0611.jpg

100_0610.jpg

100_0609.jpg

looks fixable, new fenders, straighten the unibody (unless you have experience with this you may need help), and bolt on a new fender. be sure to check front to back side to side for indications of further damage... measure, measure, measure. i have fixed worse by parking between two trees, chaining the back to one and a chain pull or other pullin device and pull and hammer...etc. feel free to e mail if you have any questions [email protected]. what hit you? oh ya of course a new hood and grill would be a good idea, maybe a good time to do a cool custom grill...
-chuck

The front corner of the Cherokee is just there to locate and support the front edge of the fender and the grille surround. All you have to do is pound it back into shape. Use a 2.5 lb hammer to pound and hold a 5 lb hammer behind the panel as an anvil.

As long as the end of the frame rail at the front crossmember is not bent and the double thickness metal that supports the upper coil spring mount is ok you are good. If you really want to, you can cut out and remove the damage but you will need to weld in the replacement panel.

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Last edited:
Back