• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lock-right>

byrinxx74

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so everyone told me to come here and ask? I was thinking of a lock-right locker, i wanted to know if they are good for the front and if there is a huge diffrence between that one and like the detroit or aussie?:guitar:

not a huge differance but i would recomend aussie they are strong as hell and cheap. also as long as you dont have full time 4x4 then a front autolocker like aussie or lockright would be fine because it wont do anything untill its in 4-wheel drive and you apply tourqe to it.....

I have had no problems with my lock rite, I did manage to shear the large diff pin once. I imagine that could be a problem with any luchbox though.

I have an aussie in front and a lockrite in the rear. I am not satisfied with the lockrite, it shows chipped teeth after around 1K miles, the aussie on the other hand, is holding up like a champ. A detroit would be the best choice if you can afford it because the stock carrier can break like mine did.

I have an aussie in front and a lockrite in the rear. I am not satisfied with the lockrite, it shows chipped teeth after around 1K miles, the aussie on the other hand, is holding up like a champ. A detroit would be the best choice if you can afford it because the stock carrier can break like mine did.

Your rear lockright has cracked teeth becuase its in the rear where its seeing twice the abuse as the front, not becuase the front is any aussie. The Aussie and the Lockright are the exact same thing, I have heard the Aussie has better customer service but other then that and price there is no difference.

Something must not be right to be chipping the teeth on a lockright.

I ran one in a dodge 9 1/4 rear for 12+ years, with 40" tires, 4.56 gears, and over 400 hp ( they told me 35" max, and 300 hp max). I even cracked the axle housing tubes on both sides once messing around in low 2wd on asphalt, and the locker looked brand new when it was taken out and put in the new housing. I put probably 100K on it, mostly hard miles with a heavy foot, and it still looks new to this day.

The only problem I ever had with it, was the thrust washer failed on one side, and when I found it during a routine oil change, there was ZERO damage to the gears OR the locker. They sent me a new one even tho it was out of warranty, and it was good as new.

Back