• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

oil pressure problems 2.5 "94

scottcolwell

NAXJA Forum User
I am new to the post, there pobably have allready been questions like mine answered. If so, then I am sorry.

I have 25# oil pressure at start up cold. At a couple minutes in, it drops to below 10, at warm up it virtually drops to zero or slightly above. At idle there is no noise, when reving to higher rpm's there is valve train clatter. I took the oil pan off today and found the oil screen clogged. Thought that might be the problem, so I cleaned and re-installed everything, just to find out that it still does the same thing. Hooked up a mechanical oil gauge to confirm what the dummy light was telling me.

I just replaced a stuck t-stat and radiator that was clogged, leaking and pretty much trashed.

It only has 128k on the engine. I also have a "85 w/2.5 and 185k on it and have never had this problem with that one.

Any help would be greatly appreciated b4 my wife kills me for wasting so much time with this.

Check for a stuck pressure bypass on the oil pump.
Also check/replace filter.

You either have so large of clearances that you can't build pressure, or you aren't actually generating any.

Back