• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Warrior Products Side Plates For XJ

w0mps

NAXJA Forum User
Picked these plates up from quadratec about 2 weeks ago. They are made from Warrior Products and offer a aluminum diamond plate in chrome or black, and 12 gauge satin black steel. I went with the steel for obvious reasons. Kit included 12 plates ranging from your front fender, front and rear doors, rocker panel and rear quarter panel. The rear quarter panel guard cannot be used with 97+ XJ's. So to fix that, I just ordered up C-Rok's rear quarter panel guards. Installation was pretty easy, the biggest pain was measuring out ~64 holes to drill. Each panel only has one hole drilled in it for powder coating. Anyway, after marking all the plates out, center punching them, and drilling 3/16" holes, I was ready to install them.

What I did was simply hold the panel where I wanted it, and center punched my door where the first corner hole on the panel was. Went and drilled that hole and installed a rivet. This way I can position the panel exactly where I want it and just drill the door/panel as I go. The kit came with about 50 3/16" pop rivets, in black. I decided I would like the steel rivet look on the black better, so I went out and bought new rivets. Drilling the first hole is the hardest, and it's smooth sailing from there. My advise is just take your time and have a good eye on things. Here is a few pictures of the final look:

1-4.jpg

2-2.jpg

3-3.jpg

4-3.jpg

5-2.jpg

6-2.jpg

7-2.jpg

8-2.jpg

Add some rock sliders to that thing. Those plates look nice but you might want some sliders to protect your rockers better! :cheers:

Nice! Post some pics when you get the C-Roks on!

how well do they conform to the body panels, almst looks like they leave a channel to collect crap. I was going to order these a while ago but wasnt sure. they use a crap load of salt and liquid road de-icer up here, stuffs killer.

Last edited:
That's what I was thinking. Looks like some pretty decent variation between the panels. For $175 I would definitely look into another option.

how well do they conform to the body panels, almst looks like they leave a channel to collect crap. I was going to order these a while ago but wasnt sure. they use a crap load of salt and liquid rood de-icer up here, stuffs killer.

You could just seal them to the body sheet metal with something like 3M 5200. Nothing would get past that...

I think that would be an excellent addition to my rig, and would look especially good on the darker color. I'd have to paint those rivets black, though.

I think that would be an excellent addition to my rig, and would look especially good on the darker color. I'd have to paint those rivets black, though.
I think they come with black rivets

There is no difference between the 84-96 rear quarter panel and the 97-01 quarter panel besides that 97-01 has the extra endcap bracket on the rear quarter panels and the longer plastic endcap itself. If you remove the endcaps and the brackets the quarter panels are exactly the same!

my concern is with the gap and collecting everything... thats why i wanna get rid of the little plastic door protector things that run along the sides of the jeep and for 175 dollars i can almost bet i could prolly rhyno line my panels in the same place...

Re: Rhino liner

That's what I did
IMG_8110.jpg

On the 97+ the rear bumper attachment/bracket is spot welded on, once you remove your end cap you will see the thing just sticking out. Take your drill, drill out the spot welds, touch up the bare metal with paint, and then attached the rear qtr piece, like they mentioned earlier, they will fit.

1z17i2r.jpg

mac

They look good. But the pop rivets are not only iffy, they are a pathway for water.

I love how they look but would just save another 100 and get rails.

Agreed. Rails are much better protection.

BUT if anyone is worried about water, road salt or anything else getting in there just seal them up with some 3M 5200 and it's done -Nothing is getting in. Of course your not gonna get them off again...

Agreed. Rails are much better protection.

BUT if anyone is worried about water, road salt or anything else getting in there just seal them up with some 3M 5200 and it's done -Nothing is getting in. Of course your not gonna get them off again...

or you could just caulk em =) force it in there and wipe the seam clean...

Back