• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what size hi-lift jack?

MONSTERxbla

NAXJA Forum User
I have about 7" of lift with 35's. got rigid rock rails and bumpers so I have plenty of places to jack from. I was thinking 48" would be fine, but can't find any threads about hi-lift size. what do you you think?

I think a 60" would do you better although you'll probably have to order one. All of the Tractor Supply stores I've been to only carry 48" farm jacks and 48" hi-lifts....I have a 48" hi lift. It would be perfect if I had rock rails (lower point to lift from) but just using the bumpers alone doesn't do anything for me. I'm at 7" and 32's with drop brackets and 8" shocks and it just flexes and doesn't lift up a tire off of the ground, at least in the front...haven't really tried using the rear bumper yet.

You'd be surprised how quickly 48" goes. I had a 48" Hi-lift and i maxed it out a lot. I've got the 60" now. Much better IMO.

I have the 60'' jack for mine, i have the 6.5 lift on my heep.. You are in CA right?. Cause if you are go to tera del sol and pick one up..Good prices.. I think i paid 50 bucks for my hi-lift

I'm at 6.5" of lift and 33" tires, my Hi-lift is a 60" and on flat pavement I'm up the jack 3/4 of the way to get my front tire off the ground lifting at the bumper. On the trail I might need a block under it to get the tire off, idk haven't had the need to lift it on the trail yet.

Yeah, 48" is a NO GO.. i have 6.5" of lift on 35's and i absolutely max out my jack.. as a matter of fact the jack went side ways and my jeep just fell back down to the ground which was about 6" off the ground..

My 60" wont lift my front end off the ground (7.5" and 35s) unless its on perfectally level ground or the sway bars are on.
The 60 is a pain to carry around, but its pritty much a must have.

I know Hi-Lift sells a "bumper lift" chain and hook accessory. Although that would even lower the height we could get our rigs to lift to, I wonder if something could be made to hook up to one of the strap-down points/holes in the unibody rail beneath the doors?

Obviously if you had rock rails you wouldn't need to do this as you could lift off of them but for those of us without rock rails....

i think the op said he had rock rails and bumpers to use as lift points, but think what if your stuck at that certain angle and your small 48" wouldnt suffice, bigger is always better. its better to have that extra length for those just in case situations.. my 2 cents

i think the op said he had rock rails and bumpers to use as lift points, but think what if your stuck at that certain angle and your small 48" wouldnt suffice, bigger is always better. its better to have that extra length for those just in case situations.. my 2 cents

So do i, i still needed a 60 jack..

no problems with a 48" on 3" and 37's

i just strap my front axle to the motor mount, or else it will droop into the earths mantle

Interesting idea, although I am still curious about my lower unibody lifting points idea.

Using the same holes that they strap it down with on a flatbed to stop the suspension from flexing during transport.

While there are times I can use my 60",its pretty much useless.I pretty much just stopped carrying it.Bottle jacks seem to do most of the work!

Get the DayStar $10 handle isolator.
Keep the jack lubed.
Wheel hooks are cool if your lifting a wheel to stack stuff, or get it off an obsticle.

Back