• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

97+ mirror swap ?

Deadman 94 xj

NAXJA Forum User
I'm getting ready to swap in a set of newer 97+ mirrors on to the 96.

The 96 has all manual mirrors as it is and I'd like to keep the same. The problem is all I can find are power mirrors.

I guess my question is, can I swap the power mirrors in and still have some adjustability without having to wire in a power source? That'd be my best option if possible.

Thanks for any help. I hate the old plastic clips. I can't keep my mirrors on...and I did search but I'm a lazy ass.

you can adjust the 97+ power mirrors by pushing on the glass (ie: I've done it by pushing too hard when I was cleaning them), but it may strip out the motor/mechanism eventually if you are adjusting them like that all the time

I have what I thought were 97+ manual mirrors from some sort of fleet XJ. Well what do you know when I pulled them, they were power mirrors, the wiring was just sitting there not hooked up to anything.

Some 96 XJ's had power mirrors, my 96 trail rig that started life as a "Country" edition has them. You could scour the JY's and find the switch and wiring needed.

Back