• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Durango 8.25 limeted slip

dgrigorenko

NAXJA Forum User
So i was looking at the goodies at my friends durango the other day and noticed that it has the 8.25 with 3.55 gears in it and a limited slip. obviously the bolt pattern is wrong for xj's, but they are a 29 spline axle as well. my question is: can the xj axle shafts just be slid in there and then the whole thing be a bolt on to the xj? some also have disc brakes, could some or most of the hardware (minus rotors because of bolt patern) be used to put discs on the xj?

g

My 96 Dakota was 8.25,not sure about the width.

yeah it was definatly a 8.25... i read the tag on the axle. i'm not sure about width either, but i think it was an 01.

my durango is a 9.25 aswell. strong axle.. but due to width, and bolt pattern. not the perfect match for an XJ

JUST WENT RED :) i've been green before, but just decided to go all the way. ok so what about the brake hardware? maybe use the backing plates from a durango and discs and calipers from a liberty?

What about using the lsd out of the durango in the 8.25 in the xj? Do they swap?
LSD sucks unless taken internaly,really though I wouldnt even bother,get a locker!

LSD sucks unless taken internaly,really though I wouldnt even bother,get a locker!

yeah i know its knot as optimal as a locker but i was just thinking for maybe someone on a budget, or possibly a good disc conversion

Back