• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bored TB still whistles after rounding over edges

Fred85

NAXJA Forum User
Only at a certain throttle position.....

the lower IAC ports have a good round over on them so i would imagine its not coming from those

what edges inside the TB can i round over next??

Fred85 said:
the lower IAC ports have a good round over on them so i would imagine its not coming from those

If you have a TB spacer with a helix bore or have a high-flow intake with conical filter, these could case enough turbulence in the system to produce a whistle.
Make sure you've bolted down the TB tight enough and make sure the gasket isn't leaking.

no TB spacer, gasket was perfect when i reinstalled it, TB bolts torqued to spec

anything else before i buy a new filter? i've got the smallest one that rusty's sells (along with his intake tube).......

boomhauer said:
It's just trying to get more air. you can add a bigger filter which will quiet it.
My otherwise stock XJ whistles the piss out of a 6x9 K&N...how much of a filter would you like? It's just the design of the intake, it has nothing designed in to quiet it down like the factory. That I6 is gonna suck air hard no matter how big the filter is.

JeffsJeep04 said:
My otherwise stock XJ whistles the piss out of a 6x9 K&N...how much of a filter would you like? It's just the design of the intake, it has nothing designed in to quiet it down like the factory. That I6 is gonna suck air hard no matter how big the filter is.

You make a very valid point. If you can help feed some air to the big air filter that does help ie: the plate behind the headlight, remove it. I've drilled a hole above the headlight as well that is an 1.5" and have tapped a 2.5" cold air pipe out the side where a snorkel would typically run. No more whistling, and a whack of giddyup.

teach it the damn words allready...

Back