• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

front receiver hitch

I put a Drawtite on mine about 2yrs ago, love it. I just removed the center section of the plastic air damn. Looks tough and very practical.

I put on a Hidden Hitch from JC Whitney. It is great! Install was a bit of a PITA, but not too bad. It is awesome if you have a trailer--so much easier to put where you want it if you hood up to the front receiver. I usually keep a D ring in it, which looks tough, I think :) Working on getting a receiver-mounted winch now for recovery.

I have a Drawtite for 3 years and love it. Part number is 65009.

Got halfway through installing my drawtite on my 98 tonight. Go with the drawtite, it has some very beefy recovery loops on it. The hidden hitch loops just don't do it for me. Tips...the end caps are a bit of a PITA. Two 8mm bolts way up where they attach to the fender, two 10mm nuts/bolts in plain sight to the bumper, and one rivet per side. A good tug takes care of the rivet.

Plan on taking your bumper off/loosening it. The front valance won't come off without it. I spent a good deal of time drilling out all the rivets for it, only to find that there is a crossmember in the way and it can't come off without loosening the bumper. Oh well, it will make the last two bolts (that you have to drill for) easier to put in.

The drawtite is a really complete kit, and comes with pretty good instructions (I just browsed...it's pretty self explanatory really).

I got a drawtite one as well on my 2000..... Its sweet becuse you can get a insert with a D ring in the 2" reciver...plus you could run a winch if you want to

Back