• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Some questions..Charleston, IL area, ride alongs?

woody431

NAXJA Forum User
Im thinking about going to WF, be my first NAXJA event, but I don't really want to take my XJ on the trails as I lack a few of the requirements and it'd be too easy for me to make bad decisions and end up with broken parts. Im going to college in Charleston, IL and from the looks of things there are a few of you from around this area. Do any of you guys have room for a ride along? I can throw down gas money or whatever. Ive been a member for coming up on a year now and haven't made any events! I don't have any of my camping equipment here at school, but thats why they made wal-mart I suppose..

So my question is, Ive already talked to a guy on PBB that I know from Effingham thats trying to get his rig done before then(fingers crossed), but if that were to fall through, Id like to have another plan. Id love to go, never been to Attica, but most of my friends have on quads and they say it's great..Well, let me know if any of you guys in the area are willing! Thanks

Well, theres a bunch of us running stockers and heading there, you could always drive and just catch rides with some1 else on the trails?.... I'd pick ya up, but its already an 8-10hr drive for me... :rof:

Well, thats kind of what I was getting at. I could drive there, but I dont have the front tow points, strap, or extinguisher. And right now I just don't have the extra cash to get that stuff together real quick. That will come this summer! LoL. But i don't see driving over there being a problem, plus I have a NAXJA sticker on my XJ so i'll fit right in.

Well, thats kind of what I was getting at. I could drive there, but I dont have the front tow points, strap, or extinguisher. And right now I just don't have the extra cash to get that stuff together real quick. That will come this summer! LoL. But i don't see driving over there being a problem, plus I have a NAXJA sticker on my XJ so i'll fit right in.

There ya go, thats all that matters! BTW I don't know the specs of your jeep, but if you want a nice relaxing ride, I got open spots all over my Jeep for the Easy trail lol.:rattle:

I will prob try to catch a ride with someone for the other trails... Lookin forward to meetin ya!

I should have room for a rider. I'm flying solo at the moment. I'll be going through E-ham early Friday morning. Once I reach the Ham, it'll be "East bound and down".:D

It'll be good to meet you.

Your Jeep will be more than capable of running trails. Many a stocker have ran Green trail with no issues. I do understand your hesitation......I was in your shoes a few years ago.:rolleyes:

Oh, im not worried about four wheeling the XJ, ive been through 2 other ones already. We wheel mainly private land around where I used to live. Its just this one is my transportation at school and work also so I gotta keep it goin. Like I said before, I lack some of the requirements, so Id rather not have a problem with that.

LoL Im not hesitant at all, but Im going back to town next weekend, so I might just end up with tow hooks up front and the other stuff, then Ill be out there. I do want to attend the event for sure and drink some beers with you guys. Alcohol allowed at the camp grounds?

Its gonna be overrun with stockers this year. Watch out! What do we have 5 or 6 counting me and 99SJ_ex?

Sounds like my kind of party. Im hoping I can make it. So do I need to register my XJ if Im just coming to ride along with someone or how does that workout?

You really don't register your XJ......you register you.

If you want to eat at the dinner, get a tshirt, sticker and what-not.....you need to register.

Gotcha. Im sure all this stuff has been listed, but I have a short attention span, so thanks all for the heads up and Ill try to make it there!

I should have room for a rider. I'm flying solo at the moment. I'll be going through E-ham early Friday morning. Once I reach the Ham, it'll be "East bound and down".:D

What? No Gay Dave this year? :D

(that is how he was introduced to me last year)

What? No Gay Dave this year? :D

(that is how he was introduced to me last year)

Nope. He's got other obgliations that happened to fall on the same weekend. He will be missed. We'll give him a campfire call.:D

Looks like I'm flying solo on this one.

Well I think Im going to get a bumper made and put on this weekend. Also picking up an 8.25 29 spline, Lock Rite, new brakes+ seals for a great price! Hopefully I can get my 2" lift on and the axle swapped under before WF . Hard to do this at school.. My buddy and I are coming to WF, Ill be running the easier trails Im sure, but when you guys with the big rigs are running the harder stuff, we want to be passengers.

I saw on the Badlands website that they check coolers? How do you get booze in? My buddy that is coming with me has been several times on his quad, but he's no help on information. I know that we'll have plenty of refreshments for the bonfire! Can't wait!

I saw on the Badlands website that they check coolers? How do you get booze in? My buddy that is coming with me has been several times on his quad, but he's no help on information. I know that we'll have plenty of refreshments for the bonfire! Can't wait!

Absolutely no alcohol inside the park. Keep the beverages in the hotel/campsite until the bonfire.

Drinking and wheeling is never a good idea. What do you think this place is .......Haspin? Now I hear the campfire is another story altogether! :D

i just posted a reply to one of your other threads but if you need with your lift i have done a couple and i live in mattoon let me know

Back