• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

-RK Rear Coil Conversion-

cpolish24

NAXJA Forum User
I finished my rear coil conversion a few days ago. I thought that I would share my install with everyone.

Went smooth:

-I started with this:
IMG_1439.jpg

-Disassembly:
IMG_1445.jpg

-Rear RK Kit:
IMG_1448.jpg

-Axle prep:
IMG_1451.jpg

-Body prep on each side:
IMG_1454.jpg

-Setup axle truss:
IMG_1456.jpg

-Finished welding axle truss and lower control arm/shock mounts:
IMG_1464.jpg

-Control arm mount:
IMG_1479.jpg

-Finishing Assembly:
IMG_1474.jpg

IMG_1498.jpg

IMG_1500.jpg

-Finished Cherokee:
IMG_2136dark.jpg

IMG_2150Dark.jpg

IMG_2146Dark.jpg

ALL DONE!

Nice! great job on the install. How does the articulation differ, or in other words how much better is the flex in the rear??

Very nice, and clean work. Looks great. Do you notice a better ride overall?

Nice! great job on the install. How does the articulation differ, or in other words how much better is the flex in the rear??

Well...put it this way, I have full shock travel from 14col. to 24ext.

And yes I do have larger Pics, Sorry I didnt' Preview before I posted. I thought that they would be larger.

Nice!

your jeep is beautiful, i was considering this kit but also thought about doing it myself. how close are the triangulated links to the driveline? in one of the pics they look really close. also how is your up-travel? it looks like there would be lots of droop available but not much up-travel. thanks! looks awesome

what coils are you using for the rear?

so are you the lucky guy that won the ebay auction for that rear orfab?

Y'know, that's a damn sexy XJ right there. Nice work!
Now lets see some poser / flexy shots!

so are you the lucky guy that won the ebay auction for that rear orfab?

-No, I was the one that built it. You should be able to call up OR-Fab now and order them(new version).

-The springs are TM 4" rear TJ unlimited springs.

-I will have some Flexing shoots as soon my wife lets me out on the trails...which should be soon, considering that i just bought her a iMac.

-And The uptravel is limited right now because I don't have the right shocks in yet(soon).

Looks good.
Do you find you have any clearance issue with the truss being so tall?

Back