• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need Help!!!

sprngfldxj

NAXJA Forum User
Parked the xj in the driveway, came out later and found large puddle of coolant under front of motor on the ground.
i am suspecting that the pump is gone and I have been waiting to replace the steering pump and gear box.
If I am in that far already, what do you have for tips on what to look for as to other parts or peices to replace or adjust?
i have been suspecting a lifter for a while, and have ruled out a burned valve for the way the engine starts up on cold mornings (rattle-ping) and has a rythmic knock to the exhuast sound. Did the MMO thing and didnt change it.
So, I need ideas on the lifter issue and ideas as to other items to look for while I am in there?
I have new BD motor mounts, new APN header, new plugs, new belts and radiator and hoses. Really thinking of major to moderate parts and stuff.
Can I remove the lifters with out removing the head?
Can i replace the lifters, rods, rollers with out removing the head or do I want to?
Give me your ideas and experiences.
Thanks guys!

Head must be removed to remove lifters. If you want to check for burned valves, you need to check compression. Always give your year, engine, transmission if you want the best information.

Back