• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ lift ?

Cherokee81

NAXJA Forum User
I have an 00 xj w/ 4.5" rough country lift, it came with new coils up front, block and drop shackle in the rear. my rear leafs are looking real flat.

my ? is, can i install new rough country leafs on the rear that are 4.5" and leave the block and drop shackle ?

and spacers on the coils up front?

what problems if any will i have?

thanks

You will run into vibe problems if you don't have a Slip Yoke Eliminator and new rear drive shaft yet.

You will also flatten out those springs very quickly with the blocks.

Also how big of a coil spacer? Going too high you will need drop brackets for the control arms, or Long Arms. You will need to upgrade the steering as it won't be good at that height, and you will also have to add a new adjustable trackbar.

Get the new leafs, and get rid of the blocks. You should be able to use that current shackle

Your shackles are probably 1.5-2" shackles, so a 4.5" leaf pack will net you a total of 5 to 5.5" of lift over stock, so a 1-2" spacer will work up front.

sounds good, thanks again for your input

like said earlier though, keep in mind with that sort of lift you'll want control arms, track bar, and maybe even an SYE.

~Scott

like said earlier though, keep in mind with that sort of lift you'll want control arms, track bar, and maybe even an SYE.

~Scott

And drop brackets or Long arms.

Back