• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Devices to keep mud out of axil tube

xjdavid1

NAXJA Forum User
I am thinking of getting some of the devices to keep to mud out of the front axil tubes but heard they dont work very well. Can anbody comment on these devices.

I have a set. I have run them for four years and ford water and run through axle depth mud once or twice a year, though I hate doing it. I grease them every few months to keep the seal good.

I have never found water, mud or debris inside my front axle tube.

John

Question: Is the front AXIL located under the Bonnet with the Axil tube seals inboard of the Tyres or is the front AXLE located under the Hood with the Axle tube seals inboard of the the Tires? :)

there are better prices on those seals out there... check the vendors section, $55/pair i do believe.

I had the with my old D30, you have to ensure they are full of grease, so you have to check up on them now and then. The last time I went thru water mine wasn't full which resulted in some water/mud getting into the axle... turned my dif fluid to crud milk.

I recommend those seals to just about everyone that goes offroading with a D30. Mine have worked perfectly and even saved my bacon once. Somehow, I managed to break both front U-joints at the same time. The seals kept my axle shafts horizonal and in line with the stub shafts, so I was able to move the jeep. I didnt even know they were busted for a bit, until 4x4 made some neat sounds. The seals got alittle egged out, but they still hold grease and still keep water out.

J.

Back