• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Minor Mods to the XJ

96xjeeper

NAXJA Forum User
Well yestarday I went wheeling and found out I needed to trim some more sheet metal off my front fenders. SO today I trimmed the needed sheet metal, about 1", I relocated my horns and cut the brackets that the horns were mounted to, and ground a few spots off the inner fenders. I know nothing exciting but hey it changed the looks a little
Also I took a picture of the side to show the rock sliders mounted
Picture010_554570.jpg

Picture013_203366.jpg

Picture011_635946.jpg

Picture012_266818.jpg

^^^ Hopefully not, my buddy had an LJ with a 5.5 RE lift, the place that did the install put the brake lines on with the bend flaring out towards the tire, he lost his brakes twice after the tire rubbed through the line. Not saying yours is rubbing, but just keep an eye on it.

Nope no rubbing on Brake line I do however rub the crap out of my Control Arms

Be careful with those brake line mounts. I have the RE front lines that came with new clips to hold them onto the frame brackets. My tires hit the clip at full lock and bent it pretty bad, but luckily didn't rip it out. I was able to bend it back and turn it so it wouldn't hit anymore, but I really need to relocate that frame bracket away from where it can get hit.

You should get a real front bumper on the front of that thing that wraps around the sides a bit. It'll look 100x better and will hide the horns, not to mention protect the bottom of your headlight bezels and fenders.

I love that front bumper plus my rear matches. I am going to tie my cage into the rear bumper, front bumper and rockers when I start building

You should get a real front bumper on the front of that thing that wraps around the sides a bit. It'll look 100x better and will hide the horns, not to mention protect the bottom of your headlight bezels and fenders.

Maybe we should all get the REAL front bumper you have.
I have the same bumper and believe me it is real! I see everytime I go to get in my Jeep. There it is... a real bumper. And believe it or not it actually protects everything in the front.

But maybe I'm just seeing things. hmm

I have the same bumper and believe me it is real! I see everytime I go to get in my Jeep. There it is... a real bumper. And believe it or not it actually protects everything in the front.

I think he meant one that fits a little closer to he header panel as to protect it a bit more. maybe a wrap around might help. No need spill ya coffee.

Well you pretty much said what I was thinking. PLUS I am not going to replace a $350 front bumper because someone thinks it will look better. My jeep is not being built for looks and I think the tube frnt and rear bumpers will make it WAY easier adn stronger when I begin my Exo

I think he meant one that fits a little closer to he header panel as to protect it a bit more. maybe a wrap around might help. No need spill ya coffee.

No. He said one that will look 100x's better as well. As far as protection, it does its job as well as any other bumper if not better. Beer not coffee.

Well you pretty much said what I was thinking. PLUS I am not going to replace a $350 front bumper because someone thinks it will look better. My jeep is not being built for looks and I think the tube frnt and rear bumpers will make it WAY easier adn stronger when I begin my Exo

I run the same bumpers as you, front and rear and make no apologies for purchasing them. As far as looks, I think they look the best out of anything on the market.

Quick question on the above cage idea. If I tie to the rock sliders, front and rear bumpers they are all "frame mounted" would I need additional frame mounts or should that be good? I figure that will be 8 "frame" mounting spots that more than most TJ's or YJ's

Back