• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D30 U-Joint. Bought the wrong thing?

AZCA jeeper

NAXJA Forum User
My driver's side U-joint has been clicking for some time now so I went to Napa and picked up a joint. The guy seemed hesitant about which one he got, so I took it out to look at it. Sure enough, it's a U-joint, but once I had already bought it and compared it to the one that needs replacing I noticed it looks different. I'm no expert, but it seems as though he gave me one for a driveline, not an axle.

Can anyone tell me what I got and if it'll work?
110_1841.jpg

110_1842.jpg

Do you have an older jeep or a 97+ they switched from the 260x joint to the 297x around 96 i think

take it back and tell them you need the 260x u joint they should be able to figure it out for ya! :cheers:

Here's a part number: NPJP365

Last edited:
I hope thats the right one for ya! :cheers:

edit: Yes, 260 sounds right. I looked onthe rockauto site, and it calls for a 365. I looked up the joint in a cross reference, the Rockauto site is wrong. Many computer parts programs are jacked up on this score.

The larger joint is used in ABS and all applications that use the larger joints (1 piece axles?).

On the wheel joints, the clips go on the inside, so the basic pix is right.

Last edited:
Back