• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

T-case Drop Kit Help!

vortex

NAXJA Forum User
So i had my '89 on the lift today trying to put my T-Casde Drop Kit in and i noticed that the more i let the crossmember down the further offset the bolt holes are.

My question is How do I get these holes to line up?

-PJ-

Loosen up the bolts on the trans mount to trans and crossmember, there should be enough slop there to line everything up. Once it all lines up, snug the mount to trans bolts then fully tighten, then get the rest of the bolts hand-snug, tighten to spec.

How much lift do you have?

For 3" I would not think you would need a t case drop. I might be wrong. Did you drive it with out the t case drop? I would go with some shims to point your pumpkin at the t case.

For 3" I would not think you would need a t case drop. I might be wrong. Did you drive it with out the t case drop? I would go with some shims to point your pumpkin at the t case.

I have a 3~3.25" home-designed lift and a 1" trans drop fixed all my vibe problems. I was told that anytime a shackel is used it greatly affects pinion angle. (I have a 1.5~2" shackle alone with my main leaf AAL) on the rear. Yeah any play in the joints will show up when the angles are changed....Al

DSC00212.jpg

Back