• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

sye and 3 inch lift

In that case you will probably need an SYE.

Im running the RE 3.5 aal no sye and no vibes mines an 01 if that helps deciding. Just make sure to get it aligned that takes care of any vibes i get.

Yeah its basically a crap shoot for the 97+ XJs.

Some have terrible vibes when you slightly lift them some dont...

Advice is to lift it, but be ready to have to buy an SYE.

eh ok, will the vibes be bad for the crappy 35? will it drastically reduce life of u joints? i just want it to look good, i have two other jeeps that go good.

and dont' wanna spend a whole lot of money on it.

Probably not needed.

When you lift, you should replace the old joints if they have a number of miles on them.
Driveline vibrations are reguardless of what rear end is mounted in the vehicle. The DS drive shaft is a tad bit longer, but that should make no difference.

1) Make sure the rear slip joint at the T-case is lubricated. Take it apart and lube it.

2) Make sure your driveline angles are opposite and equal. Use an angle finder available at your hardware store. If they are not right, either shim the axle or the cross member.

3) You may need to drop the T-Case if the the u-joint angle is above 3 or 4 degrees. If you do, I will recomend the Rustys 1" drop cross member. You will not loose any ground clearance.

4) Your front drive shaft to pinion angle should be straight or slightly pinion down. Adjustment is at the rear LCA mount. Do both sides equally.

5) Make sure your front DS is in good shape. That same logic goes for the rear DS. Both should be straight.

6) Mud tires sound like a vibration. You will know if you have a vibration because you get a harmonic "beat" sound inside the vehicle at certain speeds.

Back