• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Quick alternator question.

Mean Green! and then you can get a Mean Green starter. if you have a green jeep, i will officially call it the MEAN GREEN MACHINE! ha no but seriously, mean green has a better warranty i believe. Double check that.

alright then its settled! bullardsbarbarian is now the "MEAN GREEN MACHINE" hahaha im glad i could be of help lol

are you running any winches/subwoofers/light racks?? If not thats a pretty expensive and unnecessary mod...but whatever floats your jeep.

I am currently running a Cummins Alt on my Jeep, same mount just a bigger frame, had to remove some of the mounting bracket so it would fit, much much cheaper its rated at 120 amps. Plus with my employee discount i got it for about $80!

i would upgrade to a zj alt or have the stock alt rewound/upgraded at a local shop that works on alt.

sometimes the best/most expensive is not needed when a good quality part is all you need. but hey, its not my money.

X2 I would go with a shop rewind if you really need that much more amps. My friend had his rewound at a local shop for $165 and is rated at 185 amps. I do not see the need for this because most people do not upgrade the wiring enough to make use of the extra amps. I run good cables an Optima battery, upgraded ground and a stock alternator. I can run 6 rock lights, two front off road lights, my headlights, and stereo and not have any charging issues. You just need to shut some of that down if you are going to be winching.

Thanks of all the info guys. I definitely need all the power I can get. I intend on doing a lot of re-cabling and dual batteries. My stereo is about 1500 watts, 800 watt inverter, I'm looking at how to mount an old Warn 8750 that's sittin' in my shop and I plan on doing dual electric fans soon.

Back