• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best steering setup on the market???

MarioWario

NAXJA Forum User
im lookin into purchasing a new steering setup.
what do you guys think is the best out there???
i was think the currie HD steering or the rugged ridge HD one.
i was also thinking of getting the rustys over the knuckle converstion but all ive heard was bad stuff about rustys...

Out of the three you listed i would go Currie, but I am going to do the Wj conversion as soon as I gather all of the parts.

currie should stick to rear ends, as their steering is junk, yet somehow still the highest priced basic steering setup, not much stronger then stock, but $400 and 1 non replaceable end
its been covered.

it went real easy for me, the knuckles go fast, its easy to go too fast.... easy, done on the jeep....

the pitman arm is kinda rough, its a weird angle/height.. your basically crouched over, drilling upwards.... not impossible though.

if youve drilled before, and know how to keep the drill semi-straight (its not a rocketship), you'll be fine.

its WAAAY beefier then the currie stuff..

now that i think of it, i know why people like the currie, it IS drop in replacement...

Best for what application? Want to beat it up in the rocks with 35s, or just looking for better street manners or what?
What do you want to achieve?
My long-term goal is WJ knuckle / calipers conversion with DOM tie rod & drag link.. the idea being to gain more precise steering and much better brakes on a daily driver / speeding on road trips / occasional crawler.
If you wanted the ultimate in strength, something else might be better...

I have the RR HD setup and I love it. Now as far as beating to hell and larger than 33's, I wouldn't Know. Its a great kit for the price, but I would prolly go with the ORO u turn setup or the Teraflex high steer kit.

JCR or a custom setup!! Everything else is too expensive or junk!

all the ends are able to be replaced now. I have the currie setup and I didn't pay 400 either. It's not the best "style" of steering but it's very beefy and I have no dead spots or tie rod roll. Currie is perfect for anyone who wants to take the old crappy stuff off and put on something very strong.

it went real easy for me, the knuckles go fast, its easy to go too fast.... easy, done on the jeep....

the pitman arm is kinda rough, its a weird angle/height.. your basically crouched over, drilling upwards.... not impossible though.

if youve drilled before, and know how to keep the drill semi-straight (its not a rocketship), you'll be fine.

its WAAAY beefier then the currie stuff..

now that i think of it, i know why people like the currie, it IS drop in replacement...

its way easier to take it off and put it in a vise. thats what i did for both, knuckles and pitman arm

like said before, one ton steering or custom is where its at

Best for what application? Want to beat it up in the rocks with 35s, or just looking for better street manners or what?
What do you want to achieve?
My long-term goal is WJ knuckle / calipers conversion with DOM tie rod & drag link.. the idea being to gain more precise steering and much better brakes on a daily driver / speeding on road trips / occasional crawler.
If you wanted the ultimate in strength, something else might be better...

well i got an 88 with 6 inch teraflex coils all around on 32 bfg mud terrains and the stock steering setup but i was thinking of going to 33's or 35's and maybe even throwing some 8 inch coils in there and on my last rig i bent my tie rod out wheeling it so i figured i need something stronger and the when im turning in my 88 i can hear thinks binding and popping and the angle of the drag link doesnt look too healthy either so im assuming it cant be too good for my ball joints...
its gunna go on my DD/weekend warrior.

http://bulletproofsteering.com/

Prices start at $329.

2h6zz8n.jpg

Last edited:
JCR or a custom setup!! Everything else is too expensive or junk!

You happen to be running JCR which is why you listing them would be obvious, but have you tried running any other setups like Ballistic Fab for example? Or are you just going on hearsay?

Back