• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Does anyone know where to buy trim?

Brad Klammer

NAXJA Forum User
I just bought a 92/3 XJ Laredo limited and it's white with white trim. Well the current trim is a little messed up so I was thinking about getting grey trim to do a two tone since I really like the look of two tones. Anyone know where I can buy just those trim pieces besides the dealership?

Where's the nearest salvage yard with Cherokees?

I've got 9 in my area, I just keep dialing until I get a hit. Every few months or so, somebody gets another in, I can pull from that.

For color coordinated to work perfectly, you might think of just painting them the exact shade you want. That way they all match, instead of having different fading or ages.

Much of the trim is double stick taped on - check the local auto parts house for 3M tape to use, or trim adhesive in a matching color like clear.

What trim? Pic will help.

The trim on the lower part of the doors etc...

the problem with getting it from a wrecker is that it's tough to get off without fubaring it too badly.

I think I'll just rip off the stuff I have and go without it. It's just that I have the limited and it has ALL white parts inculuding lower trim and bumpers which I think is fugly. I've also got the god awful gold pin stripping with gold Jeep logo...:puke:

I bought some adhesive remover last night and soaked a rag thinking it would just disolve the gold shiiite. No such luck... How can I get this crap off?

The trim on the lower part of the doors etc...

the problem with getting it from a wrecker is that it's tough to get off without fubaring it too badly.

I think I'll just rip off the stuff I have and go without it. It's just that I have the limited and it has ALL white parts inculuding lower trim and bumpers which I think is fugly. I've also got the god awful gold pin stripping with gold Jeep logo...:puke:

I bought some adhesive remover last night and soaked a rag thinking it would just disolve the gold shiiite. No such luck... How can I get this crap off?

the pin stripes peel nicely with a heat gun.

TLH4100%20Caramel%20Wheel.jpg

That rubber eraser wheel will remove most tapes - but not paint. Works great on a cordless drill.

Most trim pieces are double stick taped on, or use trim adhesive. Small flat prybars or nailpullers will get under the edge and let you lever them off slowly. It's hard to prevent damage to the existing paint, tho.

Cool, I picked up a heat gun yesterday and I'm going to try all the above mentioned. I was looking for that Goof off but couldn't find it... anyways, I'll taked some before and after pics and post them up.

Back