• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rusty's gas tank skid and 97+ XJ's

basalt51

NAXJA Member #761
Mine's not even close to fitting. Anybody else have a 97+ and Rusty's gas tank skid?

Hmm, checked his site and he lists one part for all (presumably) XJ's 84-2001. Not my product but IMHO you really couldn't design one skid for BOTH 97- and 97+ tanks. So....call him back and see that you got the right one or if he even makes one for the 97+ ?

HTH
P

I have to agree with that. Skid Row makes one from 84-96- and is working on one for 97 newer. So they aren't the same. Juice

What exactly isnt fitting? Does it fit over the tank or does it not bolt up?

Have you taken the heat shield off? Are your front gas tank hangers long enough?

The skid doesn't even fit over the tank - which leaves it about 3 inches from the frame rail where it is supposed to bolt up. The skid isn't deep enough nor is it long enough as I can get the front in the right place (no hangars - 97+ use straps and the cut outs in the skid line-up with the straps) but the rear is about an inch to short and the bottom is pressed against the tank.

Back