• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Car seats

ruehmann

NAXJA Forum User
Hi does anyone have a carseat that fits well behind the driver and passenger seats. REAR FACING. The only way our current fits rearfacing (it's much much much safer check the youtube vids and literature) is in the middle of the seat.

My wife is a fanatic so any help is appreciated.

I have a 2000 jeep xj

The rear middle is the safest place for the carseat anyhow. But FWIW, I've never had good luck getting them to fit into anything smaller than our charger. Even in it the back of my seat hits the carseat.

i have had 2 different brands in mine, behind pass seat, they both fit fine. my 2 yr old just uses the back of the front seat as a foot rest. but leather wipes off. It has a Graco pedic in it now

I forgot to mention I have 2 kids and forward facing is not an option yet.

Rear facing seats are much safer so I want to keep them facing backwards as long as possible. Problem being they dont fit very well that way.

Also FYI the dealership will retrofit teather hooks if you dont have them for free.

wow, two rear facing seats. That means you have two kids under 1 year old, I hurt inside for you. I couldn't find one that was small enough to get in there, but try combi, they are a little smaller than graco stuff.

I can tell you that Eddie Bauer car seats will not fit even if they advertise that they do. We bought one that was supposedly going to fit, but it had the pass seat in the dash and no one could fit up front then. It fits fine in our Tahoe, but that is not comparing apples to apples then.

I run the graco rear facing with newborn. it just snugged right up against the back of the front seat. It was adjusted forward a little, 5'4" wife didnt mind

Thanks for the info. Thanks for the condolence but I don’t have 2 kids under 1, ones 2.5 yrs and the other is 5 months. My wife convinced me that we should keep both kids rear facing as long as the manufacture will allow.

Its much safer check out this vid. just cut and paste http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKIeExpDLDA

Thanks for the info regarding brands.

Who knows a good snip snip doc :) can code 4x4 do that?

thanks,

and for a little comedy;

you know you drive a jeep cherokee when;
It takes you longer to fill your washer fluid than your gas tank
you find crayons in your" trail raig"
you've put 10k into it and your neighbors still refer to it as a piece of crap
you've ever had a white nuckle ride at 55
that little bump casues THE shake
you cant understand why people get stuck
Your rear wiper is for show ONLY
youre keyless entry fob locks/unlocks every door except the ones you need.. drivers and hatch
when everyone else that rides with you say "what are all those awful noises?"
you forget to connect your swaybars and bang around a corner and get up on 3 wheels and scare the hell out of anyone with you.
when you turn on the fog lights and your radio turns off
What's that burning smell" is a common passenger statement
you drive around with your doors off and everyone looks at you funny for doing it and your friends tell you your crazy for wanting to do it
you buy it and sell it and he buyer gives it back and you sell it again . . . repeat

Back