• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fenders need trimmed with less backspacing? *pic*

lifted00

NAXJA Forum User
This is a pic with 31/10.50's on 3 inches of lift with factory wheels. If I go with a 15x8 w 3.75" backspacing wheel with the same tires will I need to do something to the fenders to keep from rubbing? It looks pretty close now. I got 2.5" extended bumpstops all the way around right now.
DSC00148-1.jpg

when you say trimming, just to make sure we're on the same page... your gonna rub at like 2 and 10 o'clock in the wheel wells, you dont need to trim TRIM, just a little bit, most likely...

unless you want to put tires into your fenders when the suspension flexes, yeah, you'll have to trim. why not just keep that setup? the tires and lift are small enough...

yes you will have to trim.. how much is up to you.. bumpstops are your friend

unless you want to put tires into your fenders when the suspension flexes, yeah, you'll have to trim. why not just keep that setup? the tires and lift are small enough...

I just wanted to go with an aftermarket wheel and I came across that size used for a good deal. Plus my fronts already rub on the LCA's. I'd rather not put in steering stops on the knuckles either.

I run that setup. I rubbed a little at at the back of the fender at full lock. All I had to trim was a little of the plastic liner in the fender. And I dont rub the LCA's or sway bar discos the way stock wheels did. Of course I dont stuff the tires in there to often.

Back