• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Will my Rock krawler Long Arms fit a new jeep???

andrew2516

NAXJA Forum User
So, someone hit me last week and totalled my jeep. It was a 1993 with the 4.0L, AX15 and NP231.

I know that these arms bolted into my crossmember for alignment when I welded them on so my question is if I get a 97+ that has an automatic tranny will these arms fit on the new jeep with these brackets welded into the same position?

Basically my question is do all jeeps have the crossmembers in the same place or does it vary depending on transmissions/t-cases?

The arms I have are bent and it looks to me like the new arms are all bolt on.
Heres the brackets bolted up to the wrecked jeep...
HPIM1043.jpg

HPIM0910.jpg

HPIM0901.jpg

The automatics 4.0 are all in one spot, the manual 4.0's are all in another spot - but consistant.

You may be able to get a new bracket set from RK if those are welded on and unusable.

it should all be the same. when i was searching for my RK 3 link/ordered it all the 3 links just said 84-01 XJ. i never saw a different part number, or seperate option for manual/automatic.

i know when i ordered mine, i never made it specific what tranny i had

it should all be the same. when i was searching for my RK 3 link/ordered it all the 3 links just said 84-01 XJ. i never saw a different part number, or seperate option for manual/automatic.

i know when i ordered mine, i never made it specific what tranny i had

I just talked to a tech at rock krawler and they said that it will bolt up wether it is auto or manual. They also said all of the crossmembers are in the same location after 1990.

Back