• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Are Crusie Control switches illuminated?

I searched and didn't find the answer...

My '01 has the button on the steering wheel and that is not lit. There is a green light on the dash that lights up 'cruise' when it is on, though. HTH

Ditto

On a related topic...my 95 country has power windows at night I'm constantly hitting the wrong switches cause I cant see. So is there a glow in the dark paint that I can apply??

The cruise buttons on mine are just silkscreened print- no backlights.

I used to buy some small jars of paint at the local outdoors shop- glow in the dark, for gun and bow sights and such. Haven't looked in years though, but there's surely something like that around.

Nope, at least on the ZJ they aren't, dash light comes on letting you know it's on though.

Thanks guys!

Dumb question but here goes:

I installed the CC but I've not had a chance to test it out and figure out the operation.
To initiate CC do you just press on so that the dash light illuminates and then press set to hold the currant speed?

Thanks guys!

Dumb question but here goes:

I installed the CC but I've not had a chance to test it out and figure out the operation.
To initiate CC do you just press on so that the dash light illuminates and then press set to hold the currant speed?

Correct,

To increase speed in small increments push & release :resume:.To lower speed push set and hold until slowing to desired speed -release-

Wayne

Correct,

To increase speed in small increments push & release :resume:.To lower speed push set and hold until slowing to desired speed -release-

Wayne

Thanks!

I'm still not clear.
I understood what you said, but to turn the cc on and activate it all I do is just press the on button so that the dash light illuminates and then press set to hold the currant speed?

If you have added cruise control yourself, you may not have the "cruise" light in the insrtument cluster (I have no idea as i have a '92, there are open spots on my warning cluster for options i dont have)
-hope this helps, now i got to get back to my humanities 101 class...

Thanks all!

I searched and didn't find the answer...
They are not illuminated.

If you have added cruise control yourself, you may not have the "cruise" light in the insrtument cluster (I have no idea as i have a '92, there are open spots on my warning cluster for options i dont have)
-hope this helps, now i got to get back to my humanities 101 class...

The cruise light should be there, pretty much all clusters came equipped with all the bulbs.

Automatic clusters have the shift light, non sentry key jeeps have the sentry light, NP231 jeeps have bulbs for NP242 jeeps.

On a related topic...my 95 country has power windows at night I'm constantly hitting the wrong switches cause I cant see. So is there a glow in the dark paint that I can apply??

Yes, you could use some radium paint. Though I think you will have a hard time finding it these days.

My '01 has the button on the steering wheel and that is not lit. There is a green light on the dash that lights up 'cruise' when it is on, though. HTH

same for my 97 sport

Thanks!

I'm still not clear.
I understood what you said, but to turn the cc on and activate it all I do is just press the on button so that the dash light illuminates and then press set to hold the currant speed?

Mine is a 96 with the controls on the bottom of the steering wheel air bag module, Not all XJ,s are =.

Wayne

Back