• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Is this normal

kumes12688

NAXJA Forum User
I have the re 3.5 superflex with 31s. Is it normal for the tires to rub at full turn on the top of the swaybar disconnects. I also noticed today that the tires rubbed away the paint on part of the control arms. Is this normal or is something wrong?

kumes12688 said:
I have the re 3.5 superflex with 31s. Is it normal for the tires to rub at full turn on the top of the swaybar disconnects. I also noticed today that the tires rubbed away the paint on part of the control arms. Is this normal or is something wrong?

I had the same setup, there was a little rubbing on the lca a full lock and stuff. Does it only rub on one side?

Try adjusting the steering stops a little. Look at the knuckles and you'll see what looks like a bolt that threads into a nut that is welded to the knuckle. Unscrew it a turn or two. You'll lose a bit on turning radius but it'll fix the rub. I use to have a link that had pics but I don't know where it is now.

riverfever said:
Try adjusting the steering stops a little. Look at the knuckles and you'll see what looks like a bolt that threads into a nut that is welded to the knuckle. Unscrew it a turn or two. You'll lose a bit on turning radius but it'll fix the rub. I use to have a link that had pics but I don't know where it is now.
x2
With my 01 I have 31x10.5 on Jeep 15x8" and needed 2 washers on each stop took a total of 10 min to do. There is a slight increase in turning radius but I do not miss the rubbing noise when in tight turns, or the damage caused when left alone.

That's right...thanks CHUGLY. You will have to put washers in behind the nut....not unscrew the bolt. Been a while.

yea it is rubbing on only the driver side. thanks for your help, i'll look at it tommorow in the daytime. If anyone has any pictures on where i should look and how to fix it that would be greatly appreciated

Back