• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

33" with 3" lift

HRC630

NAXJA Forum User
Is it possible to run 33" tire with just 3" lift and no trimming?
I plan to put and another 1" or 2" of lift in the next few month so i dont want to buy 31" for now and 33" in a few month.

yes, just trim and add bumpstops, im running 33's on a 2" lift and it works fine

New_DD_009.jpg

New_DD_025.jpg

Toy_Drive_2008_002.jpg

Toy_Drive_2008_053.jpg

snows.JPG

NAXJA_M_G_1.jpg

Yeah, make sure you bump stop. I am running 33's on 4.5" with trimmed fenders and I still rub bad. I need to get some hockey pucks stacked in there to limit my up travel a bit.

Because i want the change the front bumper + add bushwaker, etc

Bushwackers are cut out fender flares..... you will trim if you put them on... plus they look uber goofy with anything less than 33's and at that it still looks better with 35's.

Yeah, make sure you bump stop. I am running 33's on 4.5" with trimmed fenders and I still rub bad. I need to get some hockey pucks stacked in there to limit my up travel a bit.

33x10.5, trimmed fenders on a 4 1/2" lift and you rub? With 5" back spaced Canyons even. You must flex like a mad man to rub.

33x10.5, trimmed fenders on a 4 1/2" lift and you rub? With 5" back spaced Canyons even. You must flex like a mad man to rub.

Dude, I have 32x11.5" tires and a 4.5" lift with spacers up front and I still rub my trimmed fenders pretty bad. Only bumpstops up front are the ones from RE, I have to stack some pucks as well.

IMG_3604.jpg

Dude, I have 32x11.5" tires and a 4.5" lift with spacers up front and I still rub my trimmed fenders pretty bad. Only bumpstops up front are the ones from RE, I have to stack some pucks as well.

IMG_3604.jpg

you need to cut more

you need to cut more

X2, here is 4.5" with 33's 3.75bs rims and trimming
back tire was just touching in the pics (measuring for shocks, not just posing for posing sake!)

n507916911_922669_374.jpg
n507916911_922667_9724.jpg

simply trimming the sheet metal is one thing, don't forget to trim/cut n bend the pinch seam area inside the wheel well. Sheet metal will bend/disform, that pinch seam will eat your tire.
A nicely done trim can look just as good as stock, you can even move the flares up to look stock. I got my 33's when I only had 3.5" of lift.

I trimmed for 33s on a 4.5" lift just like that white XJ and then let the tires clearance/fold up the rest of the lip so it cleared, then I bumpstopped a tiny bit more.

3" lift and 31"s and i had to trim. and i plan to trim another 1" off when i shove 33"s in there.
dont want to trim? 4.5" 31"s is the combo, but its ugly.

DSC_4502.jpg

Back