• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

lockers

it was a type my bad, i say auto for the selectable ones alot. anyway, the selectable e lockers are best left for the rear, the front locker really doesnt matter what you use, unless you have a 242 and plan on using fulltime 4x4 on snowy days and stuff

I dont get all these people that say lunchbox lockers suck for the snow (aussie, lockright, etc). I feel like they just jump on a bandwagon.

I have lunchbox lockers front and rear in my DD. You just have to learn how to drive with them. I'd much rather have them then not have them.

Sure selectable would be great, but I would do it again in a heartbeat for the $500 or so it cost me. That's about half the cost of a selectable (and no need to setup the gears again).

dont get an auto locker for teh front unless u drive in 4x4 on the road. get an aussie
This was maybe forgiving!

it was a type my bad, i say auto for the selectable ones alot. anyway, the selectable e lockers are best left for the rear, the front locker really doesnt matter what you use, unless you have a 242 and plan on using fulltime 4x4 on snowy days and stuff
Now your totally blowing smoke!

This was maybe forgiving!

Now your totally blowing smoke!

haha to clarify, the poster you are replying to just has some grammar issues. Please read the bottom of the page (http://www.offroadlockers.com/works.php/TM53b371/53bf/.html) where it says "Like all automatic lockers, the "Aussie Locker' cannot be used in front axles of constant 4Wheel Drive vehicles. Some vehicle manufacturers offer a part-time 4WD option and automatic lockers can be installed. Some vehicle owners install part-time kits or use free wheeling hubs."

So if you are a full time 4wd like a grand cherokee or something, front auto lockers are not for you.

haha to clarify, the poster you are replying to just has some grammar issues. Please read the bottom of the page (http://www.offroadlockers.com/works.php/TM53b371/53bf/.html) where it says "Like all automatic lockers, the "Aussie Locker' cannot be used in front axles of constant 4Wheel Drive vehicles. Some vehicle manufacturers offer a part-time 4WD option and automatic lockers can be installed. Some vehicle owners install part-time kits or use free wheeling hubs."

So if you are a full time 4wd like a grand cherokee or something, front auto lockers are not for you.

Thats what im saying, RCP PHX what are you talking about?

I dont get all these people that say lunchbox lockers suck for the snow (aussie, lockright, etc). I feel like they just jump on a bandwagon.

I have lunchbox lockers front and rear in my DD. You just have to learn how to drive with them. I'd much rather have them then not have them.

Sure selectable would be great, but I would do it again in a heartbeat for the $500 or so it cost me. That's about half the cost of a selectable (and no need to setup the gears again).
could not have been said better myself. i love my lockrite front/aussie rear in the snow;)

Thats what im saying, RCP PHX what are you talking about?
We are not talking about Grand Cherokee's!
And if we were,that would be all the more reason for a selectable up front.

Last edited:
while emr doesn't seem to know what he's talking about, neither do you RCP... A lot of XJs (primarily Classic/Limiteds) came with the NP242 tcase that is not good to pair with a front autolocker.

while emr doesn't seem to know what he's talking about, neither do you RCP... A lot of XJs (primarily Classic/Limiteds) came with the NP242 tcase that is not good to pair with a front autolocker.

NP-242s still have 2hi. You don't have to use full time 4x4 just because you have an NP-242.

So a front auto locker can be fine.

We are not talking about Grand Cherokee's!
And if we were,that would be all the more reason for a selectable up front.

Uhhh ....

#1, some XJs do have the selec trac t-case, thanks
#2, some guys live where it snows alot and want 4x4 on the road, thanks
#3, all of my points were valid. THANKS.

Back