• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

which kc lights to get for max performance

MaxxXJ

NAXJA Forum User
ok... so i got 2 KC slim lites up front, the driving lights, well they were a good improvement but i want to light up everything alot further ahead of me and to the sides ... so what i was thinking was keeping the 2 driving lights on the outside. and mounting 2 more kc slim lites long range lights in the center and making giving myself more light out front. but im not really sure if that will be my best route.

i also plan to mount 4 lights up on my safari rack once i get that. and again, not sure the route i should go, i was thinking 4 long range lights up top but without seeing it for myself im not sure on just how much of a pencil beam they create, like are they like the cops little spot lights or are they better than that. i really just want the best possible lighting for my xj.

for the front top 4 and 2 rear i was thinking instead of running all those little wires from the top all the way to the battery, i was thinking about running 4 guage wire to the inside of the jeep, then putting a 4 way distribution block on the end of that just like you would a amplifier and plugging the wires into that. but getting the wires INTO the jeep is the part im stuck on... well at least w/o drilling a hole into the roof and a grommet

give it time

i had 4 KC lights up on a light bar, 2 long range, and to full range in the middle, Loved the output, but In my opinion, You will be Much more pleased with the lights on the front bumper..

why? Glare. the glare was unbearable for me.

6x9 series or/and 150w daylighters if you wanna get the most out of KC
heres my set up that lit up like :sunshine::sunshine::sunshine:

14480011-1.jpg

this set up is good if youre driving on an empty road or in the front when offroading

otherwise its overkill

the kc slim light long range lights are bright as hell! had they on the windsheild of my tj and they would throw alot of light out in front of you, could see 150-200ft out in front of me.

their 8" rally lights are the sun mounted on your bumper. buddy had they on a yota and they would blind you if you looked right at them

i had 4 KC lights up on a light bar, 2 long range, and to full range in the middle, Loved the output, but In my opinion, You will be Much more pleased with the lights on the front bumper..

why? Glare. the glare was unbearable for me.

Move the lights back towards the b pillar, works great..Keeps the light off the glass in front

if you wanted to get some HIDs on a budget i think Kragen (or what ever its called else were) has some 7 inch HIDs for $110 or $120, then you would really be lighting everything up, but there also far from slim.

-John

the kc slim light long range lights are bright as hell! had they on the windsheild of my tj and they would throw alot of light out in front of you, could see 150-200ft out in front of me.

their 8" rally lights are the sun mounted on your bumper. buddy had they on a yota and they would blind you if you looked right at them

i planned on making a mount on my bumper for 2 more kc lights... maybe i should get the 2 rally lights up front and angle the 2 front downwards for rock lights on the bumper =D

i think i'll end up getting a set of long range slim lights... but basically because price is coming into play.

also which way should i mount em? driving lights outside with the long range in the middle? or would it be better to have the long range on the outside?

think i want it pointing down the road so that way i can see whats coming... i can point my driving lights off to the sides a little bit to give me more side view... whats kinda sad is my honda civic's high beams ( all 4 silverstar lights ) are brighter and cover way more distance than my 2 KC lights and my 2 stock lights on high beam =/

Maybe I missed it, but where do you wheel? Open desert or forest trails? I run 2 Hella 500s on the front bumper and it does a great job on tight forest trails. I had a couple of those long range pencil beam KCs on my Ram and they kinda sucked on trails because the beam was too narrow. I added 4 more Hella 500s to my safari rack and I can't imagine needing any more light or spending tons of cash on HIDs. Kinda depends what type of terrain you wheel......

Maybe I missed it, but where do you wheel? Open desert or forest trails? I run 2 Hella 500s on the front bumper and it does a great job on tight forest trails. I had a couple of those long range pencil beam KCs on my Ram and they kinda sucked on trails because the beam was too narrow. I added 4 more Hella 500s to my safari rack and I can't imagine needing any more light or spending tons of cash on HIDs. Kinda depends what type of terrain you wheel......

... well if long range bulbs arent good for trails... then maybe thats not what im after... ok... i wheel out at the beach so some flat land with mostly rolling hills. then the other day i went off this road and again... wide open land but didnt have trees just big hills to climb... i havent had the opportunity to go on any tight trails. all that i've went on were wide enough for squeeze 2 vehicles on if needed and i'd say as long as you have 4wd, you can get where i've been... i really just want to illuminate everything in front of me without going hid... if i get 2 more driving lights i plan to face the outside 2 ones slightly away from each other to light up the sides of the road better. but what im after is a little more lighting further in front of me... i took pictures tonight on my camera phone... i'll post them as soon as i can get them on photobucket

Back