• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Does keyless entry affect anything else??

gone postal

NAXJA Forum User
I have a '97 Country. I'm in the process of installing an overhead console, but I don't have the new factory harness. I've found that the keyless harness already has power, ground, trigger & CCD + and - wires in it. The only wires I'm missing are the two for temp sensor and two for computer. Rather than run all new wires, I was thinking of chopping the plug off of the keyless harness and splicing that into my new overhead harness. I can also use the other keyless wires for the 4 that I'm missing (obviously cut off the other end of the harness under the dash and splice). Logistically this will work no problem, but my question is....

Does not using the keyless circuit board in a keyless equipped XJ affect anything else? (I know some vehicles, the radio, etc are tied in). I don't care about keyless b/c I installed an automatic start and it has keyless built-in (I don't even have the factory remotes and when I found out the cost of remotes PLUS having to go to the dealer for reprogramming, I said screw it and just went w/ the auto start - which was actually cheaper and WAY cooler).

Back