• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE GEN II DISCO'S

I just put the Gen II's on with my superflex lift. Played in the mud over the weekend but didn't get the oppurtunity to disconnect. They don't look to be too much of an issue although this is my first lift.

Mine came with my 3.5" lift, they were easy to install and they work well for me (easy to disconect and reconect. I would keep em IMO

they are definately not bad I have them with my 4.5 kit but they do have a tendancy to come loose and fall apart red loctite seems to stop that problem now but I dunno whats gonna happen when I try to get them off/apart.

http://www.rubiconexpress.com/dynamic/mainpage.asp?folderid=1306

the first 3 are the Gen 2's the don't come apart like the gen 1's they slide off a pin on the bottom and are held up by a similar one mounted elsewhere. The gen 1's get the whole middle section pulled out and have nothing to hold the swaybar outta the way.

I've got the GenII's and they work great. I've disconnected them without problems, and they don't come loose or "fall apart" as far as I can tell. I'm very happy with them.

Ok so the gen 1's and 2's dont come with something to hold the swaybar out of the way. Ever try a bungie? takes 10 sec on each side.
As far as the Gen 1's falling apart, what exactly falls apart? bolt up the sway bar relocator to the uni-frame, the stubs bolt on to the brackets on the axle, u slide the center shaft on, and put the clips in. All they do is rattle around. And if your stupid enough to keep them on when wheeling, then u have to be kidding me. Ive seen dumshits snap em like candy and mess all the bracketry up.

SLAYER said:
Ok so the gen 1's and 2's dont come with something to hold the swaybar out of the way. Ever try a bungie? takes 10 sec on each side.
As far as the Gen 1's falling apart, what exactly falls apart? bolt up the sway bar relocator to the uni-frame, the stubs bolt on to the brackets on the axle, u slide the center shaft on, and put the clips in. All they do is rattle around. And if your stupid enough to keep them on when wheeling, then u have to be kidding me. Ive seen dumshits snap em like candy and mess all the bracketry up.

They come with a pin to put the disco on that hold the swaybar out of the way. If you want pics I can get them.
BTW I like my Gen 2's but you do have to watch them, they do have a tendancy of coming loose.
Keep the Gen 2's until they break then buy JKS, dont waste you money.

Edit: Pics added

Connected

imgp1801nx3.jpg

Mount pin

imgp1802iw0.jpg

Disconnected and mounted

imgp1803yv0.jpg

Last edited:
I have the Gen 1's noisey but work. I spayed some white litho grease in the tube where they slide together quiets them for a bit.

I ran the Gen II's for about a year and didn't have a problem with them up until recently. A month ago, the driver side bolt broke while I was pulling into a driveway and about a week ago, the passenger side broke while making a right turn... DOH.. DOH...

I heard the POP each time.. I heard that it's common for the bolts to break.

Elias

Call Dirk at DPG. order the JKS disco's, and get the swaybar disconnect cables he makes. Done

Gen 2's are nice, and I like how they can be attached out of the way when disconnected. Are a pain if not exactly level, and sometimes are hard to slide off, but I like them.

Speaking of mounting them out of the way, did anyone try mouting the pins where the instructions tell you to? (red pictures in middle)
http://www.rubiconexpress.com/instructions/rubiconexpress/Gen2DiscInstructionsC.pdf
Cause thats where mine went at first, until I went offroad one day, and my axle came up and hit both side of the sway bar, and bent the inner fender wall where the pin was mounted, and I had to litterally put both feet on my tire and pull with all my strength to get them off.
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f251/begster/99.jpg

I had the same problem, put them where the instructions said and got the same results. I ended up putting them in the same spot as ROOK1 and have had no problem since.

discos002.jpg

Ya thats where I moved mine to as well, the only problem I have are that every once and a while I'll get a little rubbing action.

SLAYER said:
JKS.
Done.
RE needs to dump their line of disco's.
CRAP!

If you can't handle them, stay away from them.

JKS,
Go buy yourself a quick disco set thats does not come with any relocation hardware for XJ's.(n)

Back