• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wheel Spacer Question

mbogosia

NAXJA Forum User
I have wheel spacers that are 1.25" wide. They look like these: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/WHEE...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

I know that they slide over the hub and bolt down so they are hubcentric in that regards. But, when you install the wheels there is no hub for the wheel to sit on, so the wheel is lug centric right? These seem to work good, but I do a lot of highway driving and at 70mph + I am getting vibrations.

wheel spacers are crap. get some black rock crawlers, they are less then the actual spacers and they will push your wheels out so you dont rub on the inner fender wall and all that good crap.

You're driving a lifted Jeep at 70+. You're gonna have vibes.

I have spacers also, and yes, they are lug-centric. Check your tire balancing/ujoints/etc. I would also go around and check torque on the spacers and wheels.

Well, I removed the spacers and I still have the same vibe. It is so slight that I am sure many of you would laugh. It happens on two different sets of wheels and tires so I'm kinda lost. I noticed my dum brake has some type of wheel weight on it. Do the drums need a weight?

Last edited:
I run 1.25" lugcentric spacers and have no issues on or offroad. I drive 75 on the interstate. Wheel spacers/adapters will "generally" not cause vibes unless they are machined incorrectly. They are too far in on the rotational axis to make that much vibration.

i heard on xtreme4x4 that wheel spacers increase your scrub radius which was a bad thing.

one thing i do know is that they make the tires stick out farther which looks bad ass.

They also put a lot of stress on your bearings etc. But If you need them theres not much you can do. I plan to run some up front so I dont rub on my lower arms

I would take a look at your front driveshaft. I hadn't noticed the slip joint was worn pretty good, and when I had it off while waiting for a new one, I was amazed that the slight vibration that I hadn't really paid attention to on the highway was gone.

I would take a look at your front driveshaft. I hadn't noticed the slip joint was worn pretty good, and when I had it off while waiting for a new one, I was amazed that the slight vibration that I hadn't really paid attention to on the highway was gone.

Pull your front shaft one time and take it on the highway. It couldn't hurt.

Back