• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

how to mount CB antenna

benulis55

NAXJA Forum User
simple question,

how does everyone mount their CB antenna at the rear immediatly before the hatch? Drill into the body? Weld-on mount?

it has to be easy.Any help is really appreciated

firestik door jamb mount. Search ebay for "jamb kit" . You can get the mount and an 18' coax for around $30. It uses 4 self tapping screws into the sheet metal behind the taillight, then there's a rubber grommet back there you can run the coax thru.

jeep2008016.jpg

bent the metal in a bench vise, used angle grinder to make it fit above the tail light. rattle can and clear coated. used the one existing screw for the tail light and self-tapping for the above.

this was the custom way i did it. idk how the jamb kit that kboyts mentioned works

I also thought that was a good place to put the antenna. I drilled into the body and mounted the bracket on the rear of the quarter pannel. It looked good.......then the first wheeling I went up a narrow trail which was off camber into a sheer embankment---I'm sure you can guess what happened.
Going up the hill, my rear end lost traction and the rear of my rig smashed into the mud/rock embankment. The bracket grabbing the wall caused more quarter damage than what I would have sustained if it had not been there. I also broke the antenna and mount and lost the tail light.

Take my advise and mount the antenna on the rear of the hatch...not the side of the vehicle. I wish I would have listened when I was told.

I also thought that was a good place to put the antenna. I drilled into the body and mounted the bracket on the rear of the quarter pannel. It looked good.......then the first wheeling I went up a narrow trail which was off camber into a sheer embankment---I'm sure you can guess what happened.
Going up the hill, my rear end lost traction and the rear of my rig smashed into the mud/rock embankment. The bracket grabbing the wall caused more quarter damage than what I would have sustained if it had not been there. I also broke the antenna and mount and lost the tail light.

Take my advise and mount the antenna on the rear of the hatch...not the side of the vehicle. I wish I would have listened when I was told.

Mounting the antenna on the rear of the jeep will severely limit your reception range on the highway if you plan on useing the cb for anything other then off road communications

Back