• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bed liner and its many uses

CherBear

NAXJA Forum User
Over the weekend i plan on removing the "side panels" if you will. You know those little plastic trtim peices on the sides of XJs.
Im going to take those off. And pending on your opinionsi may do this.
I want to get some of that paint on bedliner and "bed line" everything down from the top of the trim peices.

I think it would look cool and protect my Jeep.
What do you guys think?

i did mine over a year ago, prep it good and tape well cause that stuff goes everwhere. I used herculiner from wall- mart, i also did the back side of the doors, and the door frame, trim down.

Summer08Texas-lexingtonalamo068.jpg

I have a gallon of herculiner, Xylene, brushes, rags, and plenty of masking tape. Im at school now, but over spring break Im gonna try to put it on. Im looking forward to the results as I HATE that ugly plastic trim! If I had any left over I was hoping to do the rear cargo area instead of ruining my carpet carrying tools and whatnot back there.

i did this on my '95 about 2 years ago. i prepped with 100 grit after a masked off what i didnt want painted. still looks great. i used the duplicolor sray-on stuff since i figured it was mostly cosmetic and wasnt going to be taking a beating. the '95 is my DD.

As White said "PREP IT GOOD" I did mine many moons ago and did not prep it well enough. It looked OK for a while but eventuatly it looked like hell. Good thing I threw a rod in my 4.0 and have to rebuild the entire jeep. This time I will not be in such a rush to drive it and will take the time to prep it right.

did the entire inside as stated above.., with seats out etc... i have to say it has been on of the best mod's yet! and no she's no stocker...

took 1 gal to do inside as well 2 coats (herculiner btw), 1 afternoon , and still have some left and got the gallon for 60 bucks!

thinking about doing most of the side of the rig (body line right below the windows on down... the whole side....

it will b interesting to see how this turns out......

good luck!

Plan on using herculiner in the passenger area of my xj sometime soon. Going for carpet in the rear so stuff wont slide/clunk around but to keep the front easy to maintain the bedliner seems like the perfect solution. Think a quart will do just the passenger area good enough?

and its also $75 bucks. Guess this will have to wait. I've been without carpet due to mold for several months now and would like something to protect the metal other than the crap paint I threw on it. I have carpet I was going to dye black but the factory carpet doesn't take the dye well, and would have to be bleached before, so either way its going to cost a bit.

I did the majority of mine with a similar product. Probably for no other reason than to hide as much of the teal as possible.... :) I like mine a lot.

DSCN0547.jpg

~James

I've used Duplicolor spray-on bedliner on my sliders and bumpers. It's not as tough as Line-X, but it's easy to touch up.

I used the Duplicolor spray on mine over a year ago and it holding up great. Just make sure you prep it correctly. I used 100 grit with orbital sander, wentback over the entire again by hand and then all the edges really well with 3m red scuff pad. Wiped the entire area down with PPG wax and grease remover and sprayed.
100_3801.jpg
100_3689.jpg

Back