• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ Bumper light bar

flyhixj

NAXJA Forum User
Just wondering if anyone knew of a good way to mount 4 aux lights on a bar on a stock 99 xj bumper. i know zone worx makes a bar but it only holds 3 lights. just wondering if anyone else has something like this or pics of it. Thanks

contact www.detoursusa.com

more info./ pics here: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=660464&page=3

Long Version

100_6144sml.jpg

Short Version

100_6258.jpg

I hope detours doesn't mind.

Last edited:
It is all "dudes" fault, but those bad pictures that keep getting worse tell me my camera needs replacing.....

Short story- they asked, the previous company went under, it fills any fabrication gaps so why not.......besides, we made it better with clean, hidden mounting and no light tabs, but rather a full length bar stock which you decide to drill for your own lighting, not someone elses idea of where it belongs.....it'll be on the website soon! Cheap & Easy, just how we like it!!

I like it, Maybe one made more like a prerunner or stinger bar

PVC piping! we ghetto fabed up a bunch of PVC stuff for my friends truck. i dont have any pics but we took a 1" diameter pipe and bolted it to his bumper, and built off that. its not functional but it holds the lights. and people actually think its real.

im gonna put 2 more in between these 2 and run 4 up front for super lighting, but idk if i should go for long range(LR) or driving(D) to maximize my lighting.

like... should i run it (LR)(D)(D(LR) or (D)(LR)(LR)(D) or all (D)(D)(D)(D)

keep in mind, i'll be putting 4 more lights on my roof rack once i get it =D maybe 4 long range lights or 4 130 watt day lighters

Last edited:
so is this gonna be available with the backbone again?

2 prerunners will be available in '09, return of the old for any purchased prior to 2009,
another for BackBones purchased in '09 due to the recovery point change....yet to be
noted on the site, but will soon be on there.

A free standing prerunner is not being considered, our prerunners are braced by the BackBone System, not freestanding.

I probably just confused the heck out of eveybody...........lol..

2 prerunners will be available in '09, return of the old for any purchased prior to 2009,
another for BackBones purchased in '09 due to the recovery point change....yet to be
noted on the site, but will soon be on there.

A free standing prerunner is not being considered, our prerunners are braced by the BackBone System, not freestanding.

I probably just confused the heck out of eveybody...........lol..
will you let us know when its available, need both front and rear bones:eeks1:

Because everyone does it, so it's different and you can mount any light you wish instead of the over hyped Hella 500. :)

Hella 500's are "over hyped"? :confused: News to me. Other than 7"+ lights, I'd say Light Force lights are about the only solution that would not fit the factory bumper (without cutting the grille).

Back