• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front Fender Cut Question and Stubby Bumper

AZCA jeeper

NAXJA Forum User
I'm going to be cutting my front fenders (along with making my stock bumper stubby) this weekend and don't want to screw anything up. I know it's pretty straight forward but I noticed the seam of the unibody towards the rear of the fender stick out a ways for the fender to attach to. Once I reach the bottom of the fender should I continue straight and stop at the seam or should I cut the bottom diagonally, towards the pass. headlight? I'm just wondering what's the best thing to do any what other people have done.

110_1803.jpg

110_1802.jpg

On another note, the stubby bumper. I know once I cut off the ends of the bumper, making it only the width of the unibody rails, these triangular supports (?) will then show through. If possible I want absolutely nothing underneath the headlights and signals. Would it be ok for me to remove them or do they serve a vital role in adding support to....whatever.

110_1804.jpg

For those that are curious, this is the look I'm going for. I know it makes the lights much more vulnerable, but the rest of the rig isn't set-up to do anything close to hardcore rock crawling yet. I don't know what I would do without friends with mad photoshop skills:clap:
caleb_BO.jpg

Last edited:
you dont need those triangle supports... well, I dont have them anymore. i did mess one up when I had the stock bumper and slid into a guard rail.

oh, and do this.

1166151092_497fd73b41_o.jpg

what if you come done on a rock real hard right there...

Back