• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trail Guides...

Andy in Pa.

NAXJA Member #180
For the past few years, we have had trouble with folks volunteering to help out with guiding groups. Lets face it, it can be a pain leading a group, especially if you don't know everyone in the group and their skill levels. So this year we'll have a few benefits for being a trail guide. Only requirements are you must be somewhat familiar with RC, and you must have a CB.

Trail Guides will receive:
1. Qty 1 Free NAC-Fest T-Shirt
2. The NAC-Fest event fee will be waived

So who is willing to lead a group this year??? What level of trails would you like to lead???

:wantyou::wantyou::wantyou:

Last edited:
So who is willing to lead a group this year??? What level of trails would you like to lead???

:wantyou::wantyou::wantyou:

Jenn and I will take a blue group on sat :cheers: So now what do we get

I may be able to assist in getting a group hopelessly lost, broken, stuck or something. I'm not very familiar with the park entirely. &*** Not sure what day or when I'll arrive at this point in time. I'd do a group of rookies (yeah I'm a rookie too).

Gotta hookup the new CB.

if you need me I can take a blue (intermediate) group on saturday, if not ill be riding along.

I'd be willing to take a group on greens/blues on Friday or Saturday if we get a large stock contingent (12 rigs last year was rather a lot for a single group, though we made it work) or John can't remember how to wheel :roll:

Since "Operation Get Out of the Cold" seems to have failed, Melissa and I will most likely be around for NACFest. You can mark us down to lead on thurs and fri. Sat we will most likely watch the comp.

Since "Operation Get Out of the Cold" seems to have failed, Melissa and I will most likely be around for NACFest. You can mark us down to lead on thurs and fri. Sat we will most likely watch the comp.

Cool - always a pleasure to run trails with you two. You guys going to bring the Chief along this time?

Say, Andy, the talk of trail guides reminds me - I might have discovered a way to take bread crumb trail files and turn them into "roads" for my GPS (Lowrance XOG) - any idea if the RC trail map is available as a GPX file? Thought I might experiment a little - it'd be amusing to have turn-by-turn out in the park...

Rob

sat's trail run will be all blues form lower to upper all in one
MrShaft696 if you need me I can take a blue (intermediate) group on saturday,.will keep you in mind

Last edited:
If I get a CB working by then, I wouldn't mind leading a group through the hard stuff. Someone's gonna have to help Mitch work the bugs out... :D

If I get a CB working by then, I wouldn't mind leading a group through the hard stuff. Someone's gonna have to help Mitch work the bugs out... :D
:huh: actually I can help you out with a CB, you can borrow or buy it whatever ya want

nice, so with this ecomomy I definately want to be a trail guide haha. Definately here if you need me saturday.

Here is what I have so far:
MDXJ- Blues
Hammered- Greens( blues?)
OverlandXJ- Greens/Blues
Rob Mayercik- Greens/low Blues)
MrShaft696- Blues
Lobsterdmb- Blues/Blacks(?)
Vetteboy- Blacks/Reds
JeepinCoastie- Green/Low Blues
Knuckle_buster- Blacks

Thanks for stepping up gents!!!

I don't know when some of you are arriving, but here is what I am thinking per day, let me know if it is feasible, what works, what doesn't. If you want to switch, run a different level, can't be there then, let me know. I want this to be rock-solid before we go into the event this time.

Thurs:
Greens- Rob Mayercik
Blues- OverlandXJ
Blacks- Lobsterdmb
Stupids- Andy in Pa.

Friday:
Greens- Hammered
Blues- Mrshaft696
Blacks- Knuckle_buster
Stupids- MDXJ

Saturday:
Greens- Rob Mayercik
Blues- MDXJ
Blacks- Andy in Pa.
Stupids- Vetteboy

Sunday:
Greens- OverlandXJ
Blues- Mrshaft696
Blacks- Andy in Pa.
Probably no "Stupid" group this day...:spin1:

Thanks again gents, I am really looking forward to the event this year!!!!!

A.

Last edited:
Andy, i was planning to head home sun am. However, if there is a signifigant amount who want to run green/blue i could be convinced to lead a half day group.

Looks ok to me.

Have to admit, though, that I'll be rather surprised if I actually have a Green group to lead on Thursday, but hey - stranger things have happened...

I'll be in your group, Rob. :D

Back