• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

UN-WRITTEN RULES DISCUSSION THREAD

BOB

MWC geezer
NAXJA Member
I thought it would be a good idea to let newbies ask questions here at this thread.

1. Park opens at 9:00 am Saturday. Get there early to pay your admission and get your flag. I suggest you get there Friday and pay for Saturday. The line Saturday morning is long and it'll delay us getting out on time. The admission price to the Badlands is not included in your Winterfest fee. Also, I suggest you buy a red flag at your local Menards or Home depot. If not, you pay the price at the Badlands. there flagpole has a half inch male connector on the end.

2. Be ready for some damage. If you have never been to the Badlands, and have never wheeled before, try being a passenger the first day. There usually are plenty of open seats.

3. Each year we typically have a group of about 10 jeeps for each leader group. FOllow the leader procession. You will need a cb to communicate to the guy in front of you and behind you. Other handheld radios do not work. It must be a cb. (However, a CB is not recommended equipment for a NAXJA event)
a. ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS have sight of the vehicle behind you. This prevents the group loosing a member or someone taking a wrong turn.

4. ALways allow room for the guy in front of you to get over and obstacle and have room to back up safely and quickly if he needs. Sometimes they don't make it over an obstacle and will need to reverse unexpectedly. You will also come across blind spots. Once you clear an obstacle, tell the driver behind you when it is clear. Do not go into a blind spot until you hear the driver in front of you say clear. You may need to call out to him if he forgets.

5. Occasionally, we will need to stop and help each other over obstacles. If you ever have a problem, just yell out. we will stop and get you through it. While, we are standing around helping each other. it is a good time to introduce yourself to each other.

These are just a few ideas. Please post up any questions or any thoughts you have.

BOB

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: GREEN TRAIL DISCUSSION THREAD

Bob,

I have never been to a NAXJA organized run but I have been on others. Who spots for the vehicles if there needs to be one. I hate when there are five spotters yelling five different directions.

We are still trying to get organized to come but i think we will be there!

Nice! This thread oughta help out a bit!:D

Bob,

I have never been to a NAXJA organized run but I have been on others. Who spots for the vehicles if there needs to be one. I hate when there are five spotters yelling five different directions.

We are still trying to get organized to come but i think we will be there!

We typically try to keep the train moving..slowly.
the trail leader usually uses his cb to communicate what obstacle is ahead. We ask each driver to maintain good communication with the driver in front of him and behind him. That generally works for standard trail hazards.

If we are in a rocky area or other extrordinary obstacle, the trail leader gets out and spots everyone through to the end of the train. If someone towards the end gets stuck or has an issue, the tral leaders gunner (co-leader at the end of the train, will get out and assist the driver.

BOB

Leaders are responsable for thier trail.

ONLY a leader, or his/her designate will spot.

This is for everyones safety, and sanity, the MWC has a strict "one spotter" rule.

Rev

Thanks for thinking about our sanity. Every little bit of sanity I can keep helps out a bunch!

Times are Eastern Time at the Badlands, so set your watch and allow for the time change if applicable.

When on the trails, keep track of the person behind you. If everyone waits for the person behind them it prevents the groups from getting split up and people getting lost.

For CB communication, try learning the names of the person in front and behind you before you leave the parking lot.

You are not superman; you cannot keep your jeep from hitting a tree by trying to push away from it with your hand.

Do not be embarrassed to ask for help.

time changes does happen winterfest weekend. saturday night time will "spring" forward...

mac 'this will not affect the traditional campfire' gyvr

time changes does happen winterfest weekend. saturday night time will "spring" forward...

mac 'this will not affect the traditional campfire' gyvr

That gives you guys another hour! Oh no, all of us WF noobs are in for it aren't we? :D

That gives you guys another hour! Oh no, all of us WF noobs are in for it aren't we? :D

no, we lose an hour because it "springs" forward an hour...2 am becomes 3am...

probably better for you anyways ;)

mac 'back to green trail discussion' gyvr

no, we lose an hour because it "springs" forward an hour...2 am becomes 3am...

probably better for you anyways ;)

mac 'back to green trail discussion' gyvr

Oh, Crap that always confuses me!

Re: Noobie EXPECTATIONS DISCUSSION THREAD

Ya beat me to it BOB. I had plans of a thread of this nature....I just hadn't done it yet. Good idea! I changed the thread title as it applies to any and all WF attendees no matter what trail they're running.

I added that you should ALWAYS be able to see the vehicle behind you. This prevents rigs from getting seperated from the rest of the group. If you don't know which way the guy in front of you went after he up and over that hill.....you don't know where to go. Saftey first.

If you're unsure of an obstacle....get out and look. No harm in that at all. Park the Jeep, go look and see what you're getting into. Watch the guy in front of you. Watch where he places his tires, and what not.

Learn from others mistakes. If every one is nailing a tree at the bottom of a hill and beating their Jeeps up......do something different. Have someone winch you down, or winch yourself down.

Here is an other un-written rule...
If you open the door of the Rolling Ramada, throw a bag of uncooked meat at Lar and say, "Here, you can cook this too.".
The Meat WILL be thrown back, better hope is is thawed!

Here is an other un-written rule...
If you open the door of the Rolling Ramada, throw a bag of uncooked meat at Lar and say, "Here, you can cook this too.".
The Meat WILL be thrown back, better hope is is thawed!

Well, she didn't kick me out the past few years? Oh, you mean something to cook......n/m.

you fawktards have ADD....
stay on the subject!
:twak:

BOB

you fawktards have ADD....
stay on the subject!
:twak:

BOB
What are you bringing to the potluck Friday night BOB?

:illegalflipoffsmilie:

Back